[email protected] ♦ (+65) 6293 9249 ♦ Mon - Sun : 10:00AM - 7:00PM
If you are a first-time mother, you may feel clueless after a C section procedure. And when it comes to recovery, everybody wants answers on what they should and should not do. Post effects of Cesarean can be painful, but with the right guidance, you can indeed have quick recovery in no time!
If some of the dos listed here are still considered a bit too strenuous for you, wait until your body is fully ready and well before doing it. With that said, here’s a simple list of dos and don’ts after C section that you should keep in mind:
- Take slower showers
- Whenever you feel like coughing or sneezing, keep a pillow over the incision
- Take enough time to rest
- Create a good bond with your child
- Start with light exercises such as walking. Do it every day to prevent constipation or blood clots.
- Hire a nanny to help you with household needs
What Else Can You Do to Recover Quickly From C-Section?
Don’t Be Scared of Taking Painkillers
It’s not uncommon to have some pains after the C section for several weeks. Although you will notice the marks will lighten with time and each day you may feel better. Indeed your doctor will prescribe you’re medication like narcotic pain relief or Ibuprofen.
You must understand that it’s very typical to take this medicine as you need to leave the pain behind. Or else, it can be challenging to get back to your daily life.
Take Care of Your Incision
Stitches can wear away with time by dissolving on their own. But in case you are accompanied by staples as well, you need special care to remove them.
The best thing you can do until then is to let the area stay dry. You can suspect the growth of an infection if you feel extreme pain or warmth around that area.
Another thing you can do is to learn about massage techniques that can help with the pain. You can hire a nanny who can give you good messages, so your abdominal muscles work efficiently and encourage quick healing. Also you can find best products at MumChecked that can help ease your daily work.
Walk a Little
It can be tempting to stay in bed for long hours, but it’s not healthy if it goes forever. As soon as the doctor gives you the green light you should be able to get back on your feet. Don’t do rigorous walking or running, but start with gentle and slow walks for 20 minutes per day. It will regulate the blood circulation and maintain your normal function.
You May Also Read this : The Secret to A Speedy Recovery for C Section Moms
● Don’t Lift heavy objects other than your baby
● Don’t start practising core muscle exercises until you are perfectly fit
● Don’t use tampons without the permission of your doctor
● Don’t go up and down the stairs a lot
● Don’t engage in intercourse without the green light from your doctor
● Don’t go for hot tubs or public pools
● Don’t do household regularities like laundry
● Don’t be afraid to ask for a favour or help from a neighbour in case you need an extra hand
What Else Should You Not Do When Recovering From C-Section?
You might be tempted to use lots of products to promote quick healing. But that can propose a counter effect if the ingredients are not well-suited for the purpose. So make sure you don’t use unwanted products without any prescription. If you really feel like you need a certain product, consult a professional medical expert before continuing with it on your own.
All in all, listen to what your body wants! If it requires more rest and sleep, it is only fair that you give those to them.